Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 9 - Interface Design

This week is a little tough for me because I was extremely sick, so I could not make it to class this week. None the less I have the teacher's word document hand out for the week telling us what he discussed, so I will get my information from the internet this week rather than from my memory of the lecture in class.

Interface Design 
Wikipedia states :
Interface design is involved in a wide range of projects from computer systems, to cars, to commercial planes; all of these projects involve much of the same basic human interactions yet also require some unique skills and knowledge. As a result, designers tend to specialize in certain types of projects and have skills centered around their expertise, whether that be software design, user research, web design, or industrial design.  When I think of interface design, I think of apps for my IPhone. There are so many apps these days I think it would take you a whole week to look through ALL of them, including the ones that are free AND the ones that cost money. I view the app store from my IPhone and there are so many different categories that it takes me hours to find the right one I want to buy. Or I look at all the free ones and I swear there are more free ones than ones that cost money. I could spend literally too much of my life on my phone looking through apps.

Look at these pictures. There is a lot of apps in these pictures and I can guarantee this is like 1% of all the apps that exist out there.





This is an example of an interface app design. This is the home page, the first screen you see. I like this screen because it is clean, and it has a purpose. Most apps out there are literally as dumb as looking at a picture or something. This app is actually functional, and also it looks educational. The colors are nice too.  

This one is sooooo cute!!!! I love dogs, so I purchase dog apps sometimes, or I always look for free cool dog apps. This one is called screen cleaner, and the point of it is to pick a dog to clean your screen for you. It obviously doesn't really clean the screen but it looks like it and its just so darn cute.
Look at this adorable pug!!  I'm a pug owner and I'm obsessed with anything pug and this is something I had to get!! 
There are many different apps, from telling you where the nearest bar is, to telling you where the nearest doctors office is. From games, to email, apps have evolved everything. Just another huge technological advancement for us to conquer. Whats next!! I'm so glad I have many, many, years to come. Maybe we will be like the Jetsons and be driving around in flying cars, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment